First Car

To: vafred@erols.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: First Car
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 22:24:46 EST
First one was a 62 Ford Galaxy 500 when I was 16 years and one day old way
back in 66.  It had an Earl Shieb cheapo paint job in robin's egg blue with
plenty of room in the front and back seats for a teenager in love.  My first
look real look at a LBC was when my future sister in law rolled up in a MG
Midget in 68.  I can remember thinking: "what the heck is that!  I can't even
get in that thing" as I peeled away in my 66 Dodge Coronet with a 383 Four
Barrel, Hearst Four Speed, Triple Chrome Reverse Wheels, Cheater Slicks and
Beverly cuddled up right next to me on the big bench seat. A Dodge Barracuda
and then a Charger followed until 80 when Beverly blessed me with my second
daughter that I had to get a "Sports Car."  It was a 76 Spitfire 1500
purchased from a junk yard for $1200 bucks. Wrecked in front and not for
regular transportation, just something to play with.  I had it on the road in
two weeks and it is still in my garage right now along with 9 other Triumphs.
 Still just playing around with them.

Cheers,
Darrell