Re: 1st car

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1st car
From: "Kevin Kealty" <kkealty@rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 19:37:27 -0500 fep01-mail.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com from [24.112.10.14] using ID <kkealty@rogers.com> at Wed, 8 Jan 2003 19:38:18 -0500
My first was a 69 Mustang with a 302.  I bought it in 1977 for $50!  It
outran almost anything, but if you looked closely, you could see it rusting.
The passenger door had to be permanently shut with a 4 inch nail.  The part
of the body that held one end of the left leaf spring rotted, so I had to
put a piece of 2X4 between the top of the trunk and the spring to hold it
down.  When I exceeded 50 MPH, the two rear wheel wells scooped up air into
the trunk and pushed the back seat cushion forward (along with whoever was
sitting back there).  And it was only 8 years old.  But, boy, it was a fun
car.  I kept the engine and later put it into a 75 Jeep CJ5.  Surprised a
lot of fellow travelers with that!

Kevin