Re: Re Coil Springs

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re Coil Springs
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 19:45:14 -0000
Hi Folks
Whenever I do anything with springs I always thread some heavy duty rope
through the spring, I use four turns and as I compress the spring with a
compressors which hook on I keep the rope tight and knotted off after each
move, had a compressor slip and the rope caught the spring before too much
movement so little energy was released. I have done dozens of springs and
only one has given concern but the braces add a level of comfort for me
especially after finding it works. probably doubles the time taken but as I
don't charge myself for the work I do what the hey!

Graham