TR3 Diff removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Diff removal
From: Sherman D Taffel <staffel@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 11:40:08 -0500
Barry- When the diff in myu TR4 'went' in the 80's, I learned the diff of a TR3
was the same. The TR4 axle shafts wrere different- (longer). On the side of the
road next mnoirning, I had to pull both axles-out about a foot, then the diff
slide right out of the rear pan cover opening-. In my case, I did this to
remove the broken teeth- which jammed the diff from turning. Then I replaced
the hub to, reinserted the axles in the hub carrier, and towed the car home.
(Disconnected the rear U- joint to keep tranny from turning). Did this all in
about 90 minutes.

Sherman Taffel
Columbia MD
'65 TR4