Re: Bulbs

To: "Williams, Bill (Atlanta)" <Bill.Williams@hp.com>
Subject: Re: Bulbs
From: Greg Gelhar <ggelhar@gosignup.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:03:44 -0600
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Bill / listers,

If the bulb you are looking for is GLB 286 in the TRF catalog, that is a 1.2
watt, T-1 3/4 wedge base bulb.  In the generic numbering system you may
substitute a 37, or 74.  The 37 is 1.2 watts and the 74 is 1.4 watts (slightly
brighter). In some applications like the IGN lamp you want to stay with the
original watt rating as it supplies the field current to the alternator.

The bulb for general illumination, GLB 504  is a T-3 1/4 wedge base 3 watt bulb.
It  can be substituted by a number 161 or 194. The 161 is 2.6 watt and the 194
is
3.7 watt.

Greg Gelhar
1980 TR8 dhc