RE: TR3 Harness Installation problems

To: "TRlist" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Harness Installation problems
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 21:06:34 -0800
> Pictures tell a thousand words, is
> there anyone who has or knows of, or can take many pictures of
> where each part of the harness goes and what it connects to ?

Sorry, not me.

> For instance, I'm sure I know what wire goes to the starter...
> its a big brown one with a "O" at the end to go over the stud on
> the back of the starter. But why do I have another three or so
> big thick brown wires with female spade connectors on them
> wrapped up with the starter power feed, there is no where for
> them to connect to.

The wire to the starter is a separate piece, not part of any harness.  It's
also bigger around than your little finger, and usually black.

I'm not sure what you're looking at ... but there are only normally only two
brown wires (without tracers).  One of them runs from the fuse block to the
starter solenoid, the other runs from the fuse block to the ammeter.  If
memory serves, all 4 ends have Lucar connectors on the later cars, but the
ring terminal might be for the solenoid.  Of course, with a custom harness
there may be differences, perhaps you should ask British wiring what they've
done.  The output lead to the alternator might be solid brown, although it
really should be brown/white.

Randall