RE: WORSENING SPAM

Subject: RE: WORSENING SPAM
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:42:45 -0500
I am a Windows Outlook user :^(  To build an effective rule base for
stopping the flood of spam targeting Outlook, one must use the Rules Wizard
and set up rules that search for specific words in the senders address and
then redirect to the deleted bin. Do not setup rules to simply block
specific senders since the latest trick is to add random numbers to a long
sender name to confuse the e-mail programs.

So if you are getting lots of notes from people with addresses like:

"Tom Randall X10 Discount Manager [newsletter9@x10.com]"

, then set your rule to loof for "x10.com" and redirect to oblivion.

These guys aren't going to go away so now it's a Darwinian world with peace
of mind and privacy being the goal.

Mark Hooper