Re: Clutch Fluid?

To: RichardGHastings@aol.com
Subject: Re: Clutch Fluid?
From: "M. Secrest" <vze34wdb@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 17:18:36 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Richard:

If that were normal, it'd be some kind of record "normal," even for a Triumph.

I'd say your fluid is gushing out of one of your slave cylinders, or, more
likely, out of your master cylinder and going into your brake booster, where you
can't see it.

I'd really recommend you don't drive the car until this is rectified.

If your brake fluid is purple, it's DOT 5, and you can use only DOT 5 -- if it's
yellow, it's likely DOT 3 or 4, and I think they're interchangeable, but don't
quote me on that.

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6