Good Stuff

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Good Stuff
From: Bill Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 11:28:16 -0700
I am in a very good mood today, as you may have surmised from my
My Son and I traveled to Simi Valley yesterday and met Herman VAN DEN
AKKER. We transported three Toyota 5 speed transmissions for Herman
to check out, unfortunately only one passed his very complete
inspection...sigh... BUT, in the process of buying his conversion
kit, Herman showed himself to be a true gentleman, and Master
Mechanic. While explaining to me how I should install the conversion,
he proceeded to "demonstrate" the proper way...that is He did it
himself... while I stood by watching in awe. I did manage to tighten
a couple of bolts whenever his back was turned but in essence Herman
installed everything that could be installed before putting the
transmission in the car.
Along with all this was much sage advice on completing the
installation in Casper (My Winter Project).
It was certainly a joy to watch Herman at work, a Master Mechanic,a
Master Machinist, and a true Gentleman. It certainly made our 12 hour
roundtrip worthwhile.
--
Bill Pugh
1957 TR-3