Re: Dash Panel R&R

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dash Panel R&R
From: "Rick Barnard" <rstirb@townisp.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 21:42:15 -0400
Cc: RPVanLuchene@lbl.gov
Hi Ryan,
        Taking out the seats and seat slides is a good idea.  Fold up
a blanket to lie on your back, and it's fairly comfortable.  You might
even fall asleep under there ;-)
        One thing that comes to mind: if you have never replaced
those two little molded hoses between the heater box and the firewall,
now's the time to do it.
        My brother and I once dropped the engine out of a '69
Karman Ghia in 20 minutes flat.  The dash replacement will take
longer than that!  Your car will be off the road for a few days, at least.
Here in New England, I'd call this a winter project.

                Good Luck,
                        Rick in Massachusetts  1973 TR6 CF2570U