RE: TR3a hardtop hardware

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3a hardtop hardware
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 21:46:15 -0700 o m>
> Well, I have been offered a hardtop and will picking it up on Monday. The
> question I have is when I pick this up what hardware should I get with it?
> Sort of a checklist?

There are 3 brackets where it attaches to the windshield.  I'm not sure if
they're steel or brass, but they're chrome plated and fairly heavy.  3
special bolts hold the top to the brackets, with domed heads and reduced
shanks.  6 smaller not-so-special screws hold the brackets to the
windshield.

A total of 5 chrome cappings go on the cockpit rail, 2 larger and 3 smaller.
Your car should be late enough to have the threaded brackets already present
under the rail, but you'll probably have to cut the holes in the rail. 10
tiny chromed screws hold the cappings to the rail, and 5 more of the
dome-head special bolts hold the top to the brackets.

I think that covers it, the drip rails and whatnot should stay fastened to
the top.

Randall