Re: Panasport Center Caps on solid axle hubs

To: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Panasport Center Caps on solid axle hubs
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:17:18 -0500
Scott,

I lost one of my old blue/black caps a couple of years ago. I ended up
buying a whole set of the new black/chrome caps to replace them. The
blue/black caps are probably twice as deep as the new ones so if the old
ones don't fit you're probably out of luck.

  OK I  went out the the parking lot. Just to be sure, my installed
black/chrome caps protrude approximately 1 inch from the rim. How far do
yours stick out?

FYI: the newer caps are made of a harder plastic and they SNAP into place
more tightly than the old ones.

-Erik

At 09:46 AM 9/23/2002 -0700, Scott Tilton wrote:

>My wheels have the older round black plastic center cap with the blue
>Panasport wording in the middle.  I think the newer ones are hexagonal or
>octagonal.
>
>I was wondering if that type would fit?

Erik Quackenbush, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566  http://www.midwestfilter.com