Re: 73 GT6 plumbing

To: "triumphlist" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Sam Gentry" <sam@spit6.com>
Subject: Re: 73 GT6 plumbing
From: "Thomas Beaver" <beaver@spillmanco.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:14:27 -0500
> There is one port on the valve cover, one on each carb near the manifold
> and I think these connect together and go to the canister.

valve cover to plastic T piece. Rubber hose to rear car and another to
another T piece. Rubber hose to front carb and to center post on carbon
canister. The other top ports on canister go to fuel tank and one to another
T piece which snakes back to each carb port near air cleaner. The big bottom
port on canister goes to anti run on valve.

> There is one port on each carb near the air filter box and two ports on a
> gadget that taps into the top of the intake manifold.  I don't know where
> these go and I don't know where to take the vacuum for the distributor.

vacuum line from the distributor goes to thermal control device on top of
radiator. Exit from this device to rear carb I think

Brake servo to top of intake manifold and exits to anti run on thingie

> I know that there was an antirun on valve that hooks in there some were
and
> one port on the canister goes to the fuel tank vent.  All of the canisters
> I have are three ports on top, but I think that is just the later design
> and I will block one port.  However, I am not sure about that.

See above

> Pictures would be nice, but I can probably  sort it out from a
description.

Let me know if you need some and I will send from home.

Tom Beaver
Indy
73 GT 6