Re: TR3a soft top install

To: davidt@opentext.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3a soft top install
From: BPAULTR3@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:46:32 EDT
Here's an old technique that requires no disassembly:
Put the top bows up, fully extended under the attached top, BUT leave the
last, lower dog leg bent. It's a little tricky now but slip into the
passerger's side and twist to your right, to face rearward.  Grasp each of
the dog legs, one in each hand , pull them up and forward with a nice  final
jerk, POP, the top is up. Be careful to keep your fingers clear of the joint
at the last.  Pinches real good!  I've heard that this is the way it was
designed to work. Always works for me anyway even during the freezing winters
of N. New York..

Bob Paul
Corales NM