BRG Paint Codes

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: BRG Paint Codes
From: "Cliff Davies" <c_davies@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:39:31 -0400
I want to paint my car with Acrylic urethane. I have the original paint codes
for # 75 British racing green  from Dupont #43912 and PPG #45102 but these are
for acrylic enamel and lacquer based paint. I had Sherwin Williams mix a
sample of the color that I sprayed on a test panel, but I am convinced it was
mixed wrong. The paint code is from 1975 so there is no recipe for urethanes.
Isn't there an easier way than painting a test and getting it scanned? What
have you folks done??
Thanks,
Cliff