Re: Spark No Spark GT 6

To: "Roger Langley" <galahad@uslink.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spark No Spark GT 6
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 22:58:15 -0400
You should have a second wire that feeds
V+ to the coil when the key is in the 'start'
position. A different wire fed the coil
via the ballast resistor when you released
the key to the normal 'on' position.

This was setup to allow a full 12V to hit the coil
to assist in starting, then it would drop off
the voltage fed in, via the ballast wire.

(On some setups, the 'ballast resistor' is a 'ballast
wire' inside the harness.)

It sounds like you somehow disconnected or
bypassed the 'cranking' feed wire...(usually tapped
right at your starter solenoid).

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com