Re: TR3 Winter Miscellany

To: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Winter Miscellany
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:39:10 -0400
At 7:47 AM -0700 9/17/02, Bill Brewer wrote:
>     Some miscellaneous regarding TR3s.

>1. I cannot keep a hat on my head at freeway speeds....

I get what I refer to as a "convertible haircut". No hat required. Of
course, as time goes on there is less hair to cut, but that is unrelated to
the Triumph or things sartorial. ;-)

>2. It is dangerous to put chains on a TR3? I have been considering using the
>car year round.

I'd look into a proper winter tire, like the Bridgestone Blizzak or Nokian
Hakkapelitta.

>3. What is best to wear with the top down on freezing days?

Look for something with a wind barrier. A GoreTex anorak would be the nuts,
along with some GoreTex pants. Don't forget some quality gloves.

>4. My car cover ripped itself up in the wind where it was rubbing against
>the top of the windscreen on the Tenax.

How about some thin rubber to prevent the abrasion? Sew it to the inside of
the cover. cover

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (25 year owner)