FW: best trip pix ever/replies

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: FW: best trip pix ever/replies
From: "Michael Andrews" <mandrews53@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 22:54:20 -0700
A resend

----------
From: "Michael Andrews" <mandrews53@earthlink.net>
To: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: best trip pix ever/replies
Date: Sat, Sep 14, 2002, 8:08 PM

Glad you figured out how to get to the pictures as I not that savvy with the
beige box (computer)
The pictures were taken by Wendi Flybutter--Strangely enough not on the
entry list---But it's the woman in the Leopard (Faux) skin coat in the red
TR3--That's her and her companion in the reflections in the instruments--so
I don't know about the cigarette lighter-but the car had been sitting for
many years when they got it from the second or first owner--after replacing
all the rubber bits he fired it up and on to the Melee.
Check the website for the California Melee on Yahoo (Jeff is one of the
organizors but the yahoo groups link has most of the
answers--jeffguz@ix.netcom.com) --There is also a
motorcycle melee in June for the truly hard core ( most of the melee car
people also are bikers and go on the Iron bottom motor tour in February)
there is also the California TT motor tour starts from LA in October
18th.Contact Tad Yenawine--at tadjent@eartlink.net
The Dauphine is extremely fast ( thanks to a Volvo 1800 engine mated to a VW
tranny--yes it has handling problems but is massively entertaining to watch)
The Pacer shamed many of us on the trip -he is a quick driver.
The red Alfa spyder came all the way from Three Rivers , Michigan -hardy
souls who had heard about it and drove out.
The oil slick in the picture for once was not from my car but a Lotus 7 that
hit a bump at high speed ( the bump flatten my tail pipe and collapsed the
suspension of an fiat spider)--Luckily we had lots of epoxy on hand( for the
oil pan the fiat was left-I believe) and after the patch away we went.
The flaming garbage can did keep us warm but was a total loss after 2
nights.
Fixing ones car in the garage is muchly overrated. It is always more fun to
have 6 people on a road miles from nowhere telling you how to fix your
car--it can start a vortex that slowly sucks in all the cars on the rally as
they stop to help--I don't think I've heard so many ways to fix a
distributor at one time before --one of them did work as I got home just
can't remember which it was. It turns the repair into a communal performance
experience ( it was in Northern California after all ;)
 Mike -TR2 in LA