RE: TR4 plug color

To: "'CarlSereda@aol.com'" <CarlSereda@aol.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 plug color
From: "Evans, Mark CVB Info Systems" <Mark.Evans@anheuser-busch.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 07:17:12 -0500
Thanks Carl.

Carle wrote:
Your TR4A plugs should be no darker than coffee icecream ie; light tan.
I recently heard Colortune is less helpful with today's fuel formulas.
Have you done any investigation of your jet needles? They can wear a long
spot on needle length altering your mix and also ovalize the jet hole ruining
proper fuel metering.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

After a run last night with more mixture adjustments, I still have the problem.
I still need to try without air filters. I had to limit the run to 15 miles
after my brake pedal travel suddenly increased. Yikes! Low fluid was the
immediate problem. Guess a little brake work is also in order and I probably
should check the fluid a little more often...

I believe a needle change would be prudent. The carbs have fairly new jets but I
don't know/don't think the needles were replaced - they may be original.

What's the best source for needles? Should I get more than one type? Any
suggestions on what to try?

Mark A. Evans

1966 TR4A IRS CTC63970 LO 'Tressy'
Acworth, Georgia - USA