Re: Distributor wiring (just to add more)

To: dhl@chelseamsl.com
Subject: Re: Distributor wiring (just to add more)
From: "bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net" <bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:48:33 -0400 FILETIME=[60429B40:01C25A95] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g8CJmZW24643
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
A lister was kind enought to do just that and the drive resistor measured
(or was listed as) 9.5 ohms, + or - 5 percent
Just to add more confusion to the matter, My distributor has a 3 pin (Molex
type) connector, not separate wires, and the wire colors are white/black,
white/blue, and. . .red/black!  Now what do I do, maybe this was from a
different vehicle???  I'll check the numbers on the distributor tonight to
see

<<<<<<<<<<<snip part of original message>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So, picking Haynes Brains, I see the "Drive Resistor," and it is only
sort-of connected across the distributor -- one lead (Green) connects
to ignition switch contact 3 via a White wire, one lead (White) goes
to the distributor, and a third lead (White/Blue) also goes to the
distributor.  The diascratch makes it look like the White and
White/Blue leads attach to the distributor ground terminal.