There's SU in IsSUes- and vise-versa...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com
Subject: There's SU in IsSUes- and vise-versa...
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 21:31:40 -0400
    Well, I tried tuning the Herald tonight, again, and have found the
following things-

The lowest she will idle consistently is 650 RPM, and this is a bit rough- any
lower she stalls.

 I think I have the mixtures about right, but still problematic.

I find if I spray start fluid(fluif) at the throttle shaft ends, she starts to
stall out.

 The distributor is a bit "missy"- occasionally misses a spark on a plug wire.
(Tested all with timing light as signal. Would have non-fire episodes for a
single pass at a time.

So I've decided I will need to get the dizzy rebuilt, and get the carbs
rebushed.

Then I can give her a proper tune-up.

For now she is set to idle high- about 850-900 RPM, as any lower she starts
getting uppity.

Scott