RE: TR6 Mini spare tire

To: "Trumph maling list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Mini spare tire
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 18:10:20 -0700
> Any one know of a donut spare that might fit the 6. Looking to save
> weight & space.

Mitch, you could try the "compact spare" off of a 84-91 Nissan Maxima.  It
wouldn't quite clear the brake calipers on my TR3A, but I believe a TR6 has
smaller calipers ...

If nothing else, take the T125-15 tire off and put it on a TR3 rim (which is
what I did).

TR2-6 all use 4 lug bolts on a 4.5" circle.  It's a fairly common pattern,
here's a partial list of cars that use it :

1989-85 CHEVROLET - Sprint
1996-92 EAGLE - Summit Wagon
1993-84 Summit
1994-89 FORD - Festiva
1996-89 GEO - Metro, Sprint
2000-92 HONDA - Prelude (15")
2000-90 Accord
1999-91 HYUNDAI - Elantra, Lantra
1999-90 Accent, Excel, Pony
1999-89 Sonata
1995-90 Scoupe
1989-81 MAZDA - 323, GLC
1987-85 626, MX-6
1998-92 MITSUBISHI - Expo, Expo LRV, Vista Wagon
1999-84 Galant
1993-84 Mirage
1991-80 Tredia
1999-93 NISSAN - Altima