Ace Leyland Quality Control Report

To: "INTERNET:TR250Driver@aol.com" <TR250Driver@aol.com>
Subject: Ace Leyland Quality Control Report
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 22:10:24 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:TR250Driver@aol.com
>Catch this one Guys,
I just changed out my 71 TR6 RR hub because I noticed a massive amount of
end
float in the bearing the other day.  Once I had the old hub out,upon
inspection, I discovered that the locking tabs had never been bent over.
Now
since the Six only has 39,000 miles and I have had her for about 20,000 of
those miles I am assuming that it is a factory built and installed part.
Some Brit guy needs to catch heck for letting this car go out like this!
<

Yeah!  They should pull him out of retirement and SACK him!

Good thing it was your car.  Anybody else would have ignored it and then
catastrophy would have happened!

BTW how many points off is a loos bearing?

;-)

Cheers

Dave Massey

71 TR6 (I had the same thing and without the right wrench you can't tighten
it!)

P.S. but it wasn't from the factory that way, somebody bodged it up (not
me!).