Re: TR6 U-Joint Circlip Removal Tricks and Splined Shaft Rebuild Questio

To: Nancy and Ken Streeter <knstreeter@attbi.com>, tr list list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 U-Joint Circlip Removal Tricks and Splined Shaft Rebuild Question...
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw@inetarena.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 14:30:14 -0700
Hi Ken,

I can't offer any help on the u-joint problem, I always take mine to a
driveline shop for replacement ($10 a joint for labor).  I used grease-gun
grease for the splines (since there is a grease nipple for it, at least on
the 4A).

You might consider having the shaft balanced while it is out as well, mine
was fairly out of balance, despite appearing to have the original balance
weights in place.  That runs about $30 at my local driveline shop.

-Darrell

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS CTC67956L