TR6 ... gearbox in first - shifter in neutral

To: "- triumph (E-mail)" <Triumphs@autox.team.net> .com>
Subject: TR6 ... gearbox in first - shifter in neutral
From: "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 04:15:28 -0600
Went to drop the TR6 into reverse yesterday and rudely found out that I had
somehow managed to pop the shifter into neutral while the gearbox was still
in 1st gear.
Of course once you are in this situation the interlock prohibits moving to
any other gear.
I NEVER had this problem before I pulled the top of the gearbox off to
repair a leak (replaced rear o-ring seals) so I doubt it is a worn shift
lever.
Any suggestions to people who have "been there, done that"?

Thanks
Lee Janssen
Sunny Denver CO