clutch bleeding woes

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: clutch bleeding woes
From: "lou" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 19:59:55 -0500
Listers:

Toward the end of last year's driving season I found that I was topping up
the clutch reservoir on the 4A about once a week. Found a leak in the slave
cylinder but since it was the end of the season I kept filling it. As part
of the 4A's welcome home present, I ordered a clutch slave cylinder kit from
TRF. Disassemble and reassemble went well but I have spent the better part
of today trying to bleed the system. I have pumped about a pint of Dot 4
through the system but still have a soft pedal. I am doing the assistant
with the open bleeder on the down stroke into the "jam" jar with plastic
hose all to no avail. Bleeder screw is on top, cup lip is toward the front
and there is no leakage. I am stumped and frustrated because the weather
here in No. Indiana is beautiful. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Lou Metelko      Auburn, Indiana