Re: TR4 electrical ?

To: STaffel@bcps.k12.md.us, tim_purdy@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: TR4 electrical ?
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 15:53:09 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 24-May-02 13:49:49 Eastern Daylight Time,
STaffel@bcps.k12.md.us writes:

> Usually in ANY BRITISH CAR - when both the fuel gauge and the temp gauge
> stop working -if not the supply  fuse, the culprit is usually the voltage
> stabilizer, found in the upper right footwell sidewall of a TR$, sorry TR4.
> Check the connections, as well as the feeder fuse. The Voltage stabilizer is
> a bimetallic gizmo that 'lowers' the 12V from the battery or 14v output from
> the genreator/alternator to @ 10.0-10.5 v  and then feeds the gauges.

Sherman, thanks.  You beat me to the answer.

After just reading his latest reply, I was going to suggest that he first
check the stabilizer to see if he has a short there.  If that's OK then, Tim,
you need to check the gauges.  Are you sure everthing else in the fuzed
circuit was off?

Art Kelly