RE: brake bleeder

To: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>, "'Paul Burr'" <tigerpb@ids.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: brake bleeder
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@telocity.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 09:14:28 -0700
I acquired a metal tire valve stem (local auto parts store or tire/mag wheel
retailer).  I removed the inner valve mechanism (unscrews).  Using a 1/4"
drill I (carefully) drilled out the inside of the tire valve. I then
(carefully) drilled a hole in the center of the brake reservoir cap to
accept the metal valve stem. I mounted the valve stem in/on the cap and
attached the bleed hose to the valve stem.  Don't forget that you need a
gasket/seal for the cap (it does not come with the cap you ordered - it must
be ordered separately).

Hope this helps,

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA