Possible source for Bosch alternator...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Possible source for Bosch alternator...
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 01:27:51 -0500
I read with some fascination the various bits on replacing the Lucas
alternator with a Bosch or GM part.  Just for grins I searched Google for
"Bosch alternator Ford Fiesta".  From the references near the top of the
results you'd think that most of these parts are now sold for use in
Triumphs and MGs.  But I digress...

Midway down the first page I saw a reference to a place called Alternator
Starter Express:

    http://autoexpress.safeshopper.com/404/cat404.htm?356

They have the Bosch alternator for$45 (which includes a $10 core charge) and
$5 UPS ground shipping.  Remanufactured, comes with a three year warranty.
I've never heard of these folks before, so have nothing good or bad to say
about them...

Looks like they also have remanufactured starters for many Triumphs.

(Is there a difference between "remanufactured" and "rebuilt" or is it like
the difference between "theatre" and "theater" - one's just a snooty version
of the other?)

--
Skip Montanaro (skip@pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)
"Excellant Written and Communications Skills required" - seen on chi.jobs