RE: "Proper" Triumph Fuses sourced in USA

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: "Proper" Triumph Fuses sourced in USA
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 09:43:12 -0700
Cc: forum@triumphstag.net, stagfire@elnet.com, stagclub@epix.net, stag@digest.net
Glenn Merrell wrote :

>        I'll throw a new wrench into the fusebox.  From what I am seeing on
> the new IEC style fuses direct from the UK, the IEC fuses being
> supplied now
> measure 1/4 inch by 1 1/4 inch

I just got off the phone with Dave at TRF.  He says they have the proper
size (1/4" by 1-1/8") and rating of 35 amp fuse, not Lucas but with the
paper inside marked 35 amps (only, not also 17), in stock.  Said they've
been hard to find, but they do have 150 of them in stock at the moment.

They also have genuine Lucas fuses in the 10, 15, and 50 amp sizes.  These
are the later style fuses, with black printing on the outside of the barrel
instead of the paper inside, but they are the correct size and rating.

TRF part numbers and prices:

LUF10   CON FUSE, 10 Amp, Lucas .59             CUR     L
LUF15   CON FUSE, 15 Amp, Lucas .39             CUR     L
LUF25   CON FUSE, 25 Amp, Lucas .95             CUR
LUF35   CON FUSE, 35 Amp, Lucas .55             CUR     R
LUF35/12        CON 35 AMP FUSE, Pkg. Of 12     4.95            CUR     L
LUF50   CON FUSE, 50 Amp, Lucas .75             CUR     H

(They are out of stock on the 25 amp fuses.  No estimate on when they will
be available.)

Randall