TR3A water pump noise

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A water pump noise
From: RayAntoky@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 19:42:31 EDT
Hello fellow funseekers..

Have a noise coming from the pump. It's the pulley somehow hitting the body
of the pump. Most prominent at low idle. No overheating symptoms that I can
see. Is the shaft bent? Must the pump be replaced? Can the pulley be
retightened against the body?
I have a spare pump w/o the pulley but with the grease fitting. Hopefully the
old pulley can be fitted to this one. Is it a difficult job to replace the
pump?  What is the procedure that is most popular or easiest? Thanks for your
help.. I hate looking in the shop manual..It's so lonely in there and too
British if you get my drift!

Ray Antoky
Brooklyn NY
1959 TR3A BRG