RE: TR3a wiper motor

To: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3a wiper motor
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 10:56:43 -0700 o m>
> Could someone verify the external wire hookup of the green and black/green
> wire. I currently have the green wire attached to terminal 2.

Your wiring is correct.  Note that if it wasn't, the motor would still run,
until the park contacts closed and blew the fuse.

> I doubled checked the internal wire and it has a solid
> connection. Just as a
> verification, where does the internal wire attach to and the terminal side
> of the motor.

The wire that runs the length of the motor goes from terminal 1 to the park
contacts.  It is not essential for motor operation, only for the park
function.

Did you make the voltage and resistance checks I suggested ?  The resistance
across the terminals should be around 1 ohm.  If it's up around 10 ohms,
then the brushes are not making good contact with the commutator (or the
armature is bad).  There's no easy way to check the field coils without
disassembling the motor, but if that was the problem the fuse would blow.

Randall