Crank Q

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Crank Q
From: John Gillis <jgillis@gemini.tcd.ie>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 15:12:11 +0100
At last I am about to begin the rebuild of my low port TR2 engine.
Advice would have me believe that I must convert the rear crank seal
to the later type, correct yes?. I talked to Moss U.K and they did
not have any conversion kit on their catalogue, only the standard TR4
item, this was no use at it gave me no instruction as to what
diameter the rear of the crank should be taken to. Any advice on
supplier, different versions of this kit, I seem to remember two
different types and I also recall problems because of the wrong grind
figures being supplied, all welcome on this one.