Re: TR$ gas smell

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR$ gas smell
From: "Craig B. Foch" <cbfoch@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 08:31:18 -0700
>I have a '62 TR4 - I purchased it around the first of the year and have
>had quite a bit of work done on it.  One problem persists, though, that
>my mechanic cannot seem to fix.  It smells of gas.  I have put a new
>fuel pump in it, and we just can't seem to locate the problem.

If you have access to an exhaust gas analyzer, you can find the leak by
moving its probe around the car and watching the hydrocarbon reading (HC). I
used to work in a Porsche-Audi dealership, where we HAD to find such leaks,
because the cars were still under warranty.

Craig Foch
1963 TR4 CT 22268 L
1988 Daihatsu Charade (LJC: 993 CC 3-cyl)