Re: Viruses cn.com>

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Viruses cn.com>
From: corey.sherman@RCN.COM
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 09:58:25 -0400 22, 2002) at 05/06/2002 09:58:27 AM, Serialize complete at 05/06/2002 09:58:27 AM
Actually, it's more of a Microsoft issue. Both their Operating System and
Software Applications (MS Office, Outlook, Exchange, IE) use technology
that is vulnerable (i.e.,VB). It's a double edged sword - in their effort
to make both the s/w and o/s intergrated, they expose themselves to
viruses ("yes, I'm over simplifying). For this reason, I use Lotus Notes,
and rarely ever get infected (once in 8 years). I can even open an
infected files to look at it without running them!

>Pete,
>If MACs had anywhere the following that the Windows machines did there
would be viruses being written for them as >well.  But no self respecting
cyber
>terrorist would waste his time writing viruses for a platform which is so
insignificant that comparatively little >damage could be caused!