Re: What do I have?

To: "James Fowler" <jfowler@mail.southeast.cc.nc.us>
Subject: Re: What do I have?
From: "Bob Westerdale" <Bob.Westerdale@ametek.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:24:01 -0400 |January 7, 2002) at 04/30/2002 10:37:53 AM, Serialize complete at 04/30/2002 10:37:53 AM
Cc: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net, trhouse@greenapple.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
James,
        I've heard of the 'welded in'  version of the R&P conversion,  but
I can't think of the manufacturer's name.
It is probably not the same one as supplied by Pro-Tech in the UK or
British Restorations in  Virginia, which uses the rack from a MiniCooper
and is held in with bolt-on brackets.
Regards,
        Bob Westerdale
        59 3A TS36967      ( R&P)

I checked the frame cross member tag and there is a raised "Z" and stamped
numbers.  After close inspection with my TR3A and comparison to the MOSS
catalog, my frame is a TR3.  I still am curious about the R&P.  The rack
is attached to what appears to be factory made mounts that are welded to
the front of the cross member and the inner side s of the frame.  The
right motor mount (facing the front of the frame) has the top right corner
shaved off to accommodate the bottom of the steering column.  All of this
appears to be done with some precision and not by a DPO. What are your
thoughts?

James Fowler
Whiteville, N.C.
1960 TR3A