RE: rear window

To: "'Fred Thomas'" <vafred@erols.com>, Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: rear window
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:09:51 +0200
Cc: british <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Hi Fred

Sorry , no real help from this side of the pond , but I also need a rear
window , rubber and chrome finisher for my hard top . Plus the hard top
mounting kit ( rear metal cappings and chrome windscreen brackets ) as well
. Sheesh !

I spoke to a person from Johannesburg who owns a plastics company . He had a
look at my hard top and said that he could make a rear window from Perspex /
Plexiglas if I provide him with a template / form . I'll hopefully start on
a template in the next 4 months , but the way things are going workwise it
may take 4 years :-(

Are there any differences between the steel and fibreglass hard top rear
windows ?

AFAIK some original hard tops had glass rear windows . Would love to obtain
such a thing , but I suspect they are in the same category as early TR 2 /
TR 3 ashtrays .

Sincere apologies for taking so long to respond , but I've been away on
business for a while . Just returned on Monday after a few months on the
road and I'll only be in the office a few days then I'm off presenting
training courses again . Grrrr !

A lot of e mails to catch up on ! Be warned :-)

Kind regards .
Chris de Wet .
PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa .

Daily drivers and continuous restoration projects :
1956 TR 3 . Commission no. TS 10795
1964 Spitfire 4 Mk 1 . Commission no. FC 25680
1967 GT 6 Mk 1 . Commission no. KC 52713 O

Restoration projects ( For sale / trade ) :
1966 Spitfire 4 Mk 2 . Commission no. 4 FC 69807
1963 Spitfire 4 Mk 1 . Commission no. FC 2507
1962 Herald 1200 Coupe . Commission no. GA 1397 CP

Very long term project :
1933 Triumph Sports Special .

" Triumphs are meant to be driven . Keep them on the road and not the
trailer or show room " !