Re: Forwarded: TR4 Body Height

To: Lbc61tr4@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Forwarded: TR4 Body Height
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 02:19:00 EDT
In a message dated 10-Apr-02 22:29:13 Eastern Daylight Time,
lists@autox.team.net writes:

> So, what I really
> need is to know what the approximate correct height from ground to lip
> of front fender, if measuring straight up past the center of the hub.
> I've got very little clearance between the tire and the fender.  I
> have to be careful over bumps, since the tire will rub on the
> underside of the fender.  I've replaced the springs, with the thought
> that the old springs were out of spec.  Actually, when I removed the
> springs, they measured about 1/2" short.  The springs I removed also
> used the aluminum spacers, while the replacement springs from Moss
> were the longer springs and didn't need them.  Now, all I need is for
> everyone to go outside with a tape measure and check the height for
> me.  Mine measures 25 1/4", so if that's what you have, then you
> probably have a problem also.  Maybe I should put the spacers in with
> the long springs?  I think the previous owner made changes to the
> suspension to lower.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul Brandsema
> 61 TR4

Paul, I measure 26 and 3/4" on the driver's side and 26 and 9/10'' on the
passenger's side.  Springs are original, shocks were replaced in 1968.  I'm
using 165/15 radial tires -- same pressure in each front tire.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner/factory pickup)