TR-6 Evaporative loss system

To: "Patrick Bitton" <pbitton@axess.com>
Subject: TR-6 Evaporative loss system
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 15:24:08 -0400
Cc: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Patrick Bitton"
>Can someone tell me the importance of the evaporative loss system? Is it
important to have that connected? Can I just cap the pipe from the fuel
tank?
<

The purpose of the evaporative loss system is to prevent the loss through
evaporation of the unburnt fuel.  It is captured in the charcoal which is
then purged when the engine is operated.  If you do not have a functioning
charcoal canister leave the line open as it is the only path for air to
replace the gasoline that is drawn from the tank by the fuel pump.

Dave