Re: Brake MC Nut

To: "Cliff Davies" <c_davies@sympatico.ca>, "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake MC Nut
From: <stantr6@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 21:49:51 -0500
Cliff,
I presume you are talking about the tipping valve.
Others have advised buying a large allen wrench (1/2" I think), but I used a
bolt and a couple of nuts.  I used the head of the bolt as the "allen wrench".
First, I placed two nuts on the shaft of the bolt and tightened them together,
as for installing/removing studs.  Then I inserted the head of the bolt into
the tipping valve retainer and used a box wrench at the nut further on the bolt
to remove the retainer, the other nut to tighten it back in.

Cost for special tool = $0.00, disassemble the bolt/nuts and return the pieces
to the hardware jars.
Stan