Re: Goodyear Eagle HP Tires

To: Jerry Goulet <jgoulet@thomsontechnology.com>
Subject: Re: Goodyear Eagle HP Tires
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 10:55:02 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
4/3/2002 8:47:51 AM, "Jerry Goulet" <jgoulet@thomsontechnology.com> wrote:

>I have started to shop for new tires for my TR3.
>Does anyone have experience or comment on the Eagle HP tires?
>Any other recommendations for performance tires?

Jerry, what size are your wheels? From the size listing on tirerack.com, it
looks
like 185/65HR15's are the closest fit. I was concerned that 185's might be a
bit
wide for my own 4 1/2" 60 spoke wheels ('62 TR4) and wing clearance. It looks
like TR3's have more wing clearance at least. I just stopped at a local tire
shop
last night on the way home to get a feel for what's available to replace my
165R15 Michelin XZX's (backordered for "hard time"), and here's their list:

Cooper Sportmaster GLT
Dunlop SP20
Remington Hi-max

Those are all 165's, there is probably a bit more selection for 175's. I'd
rather
go with a Michelin but in browsing through their catalogs at the desk I didn't
see much that would fit.

Steven Newell
Denver, CO USA