RE: WOW - Two TR2 long doors on ebay at the same time (NFI)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: WOW - Two TR2 long doors on ebay at the same time (NFI)
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 18:42:45 -0800
> Although the wood dash strikes me as a
> little odd on
> the green one, as do the the seats, which look like 3s,

Carbs are also TR3 H6, not TR2 H4.  Does anyone see a turn signal switch ?
TR2s did have turn signals, same as TR3, but the aftermarket steering wheel
won't work with the original control head.

I also find it amazing that they did such a 'professional restoration', but
didn't bother to repair the battery box.  And why is that battery cable red
?  Best I can tell, it's been converted to negative ground ...

Let's see, what else.  The grab handle should be covered in black plastic,
not chromed; and the floors should be carpeted, not rubber mats.  According
to Bill Piggott, the hood sticks should be either black or body colour.  And
last, the tachometer should be on the right on this early car.

Isn't this fun, nit-picking a car that is certainly more beautiful than
anything I will ever own ?

Randall