Re: Tach Cable for TR6 Seems Short

To: "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>
Subject: Re: Tach Cable for TR6 Seems Short
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 05:35:52 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hugh,

The reference to different length cables for OD & non OD vehicles I think is
for the speedometer cable.    The longer Tach cable is probably required for
RHD.

I just purchased a tach cable from TRF and it is ~ 31 inches long, the same
size as the one I'm replacing.

Is it possible you're routing it through the wrong hole or have the
distributor oriented in the wrong position?

Nelson Riedel
Granville Ohio
'68TR250, '70TR6, '76TR6

| Well, there are at least two different lengths. The one that I bought from
Moss is listed as being 31". Moss only lists the one cable.

| I just went and looked at Rimmer Bros. web site. They show the left hand
driver version being 36". That 5" will make a big difference.