Re: water by pass TW

To: <BPAULTR3@aol.com>, " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: water by pass TW
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 01 07:52:06 -0800
>> When the thermostat is closed, the water pump pumps coolant inside the
>> engine block via the bypass.
>
>GEe, no kidding !! I was not aware of that!!

>From what you wrote, I did not think you did.

>> What possible reason could the automotive engineers have for wanting to
>> circulate coolant within an engine as it comes up to operating
>> temperature?

>We'll its obvious that you know more than they ever did

No, I assumed they had a reason for those funny things they designed and
built into the vehicles and bothered to try to find out why they did what
they did.

I never modify a factory built-in automotive subsystem until after I
understand what it does and the range of consequences that might arise
from ignoring or modifying it.

>Ever hear of the concept of localized boiling inside a cylinder head?
>
>> I did, one time.  But I ate an apple and got over it. Turned out gas from
>> Mexican food.

Thank you for proving my point.

Near as I can tell you and I have a fundamental difference which will
never allow us to see eye to eye.

I'm never comfortable working on things I do not understand.  You on the
other hand seem uncomfortable understanding the things you work on.

There IS a deeper meaning than causal relationships.

TeriAnn