16 year olds and Triumphs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 16 year olds and Triumphs
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:26:19 -0800 (PST)
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:29:12 -0500
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Wedges

Message text written by Ted Ward
> I thought I'd weigh in on the subject of wedge bashing. I'm 35 years old,
> my first car at 16 was a TR-7 (don't remember the year) and I can honestly
say
> I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

In '86 when I was 16, my first car (and my second car) was a TR-4.

Yeah it broke a lot.
But much more often than not that was because I was a teenager and not because
the car was in it's 20's.

Also because I was a teenager, I wanted that cool car to work again as soon as
I broke it. Made me work hard and learn quite a few lessons the hard way too.

I learned a heck of a lot going through high school in those cars.

What would it have been like if I got a Honda?

I would have avoided many frustrating times.
I would have also missed out on some very good times.

Like Click and Clack said to the woman whose kid wanted to get an MG:

They berated the MG's to no end. . then advised getting one without hesitation.
It builds character.   There's no better time to do it.

Scott Tilton
Trying to build more character driving a 1970 TR-6 every day.
or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com