Re: Wheel stud replacement.

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wheel stud replacement.
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 05:51:23 -0800
Depends on whether it's a front or rear hub.  Front studs go in from the
back, with splines, while rear studs go in from the face with threads.

My suggestion for peening would be to work around the edge of the stud,
with a sharp center punch or 'prick punch' and a BFH.  IMO the issue is
not having the stud unscrew while driving, but rather unscrewing when
you try to take the nut off.  This is still a major PITA, but at least
not a safety issue.  I would probably also use Loctite, even though the
hubs may get hot enough to break it down.

Randall