Getting down

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Getting down
From: Todd Richmond <twr@hpestwr.fc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 16:41:08 -0700
Howdy all,

First time posting here, so hope this works. ;)

As a proud new owner of a basket-case TR3A, I was wondering what the collective
opinion is of what is the best way to get down to bare metal?

I've heard that using some kind of plastic beads or something is supposed to do
the least amount of damage to the underlying metal.  Is that something the home
user can do, or is it strictly for the professionals?

What about:

A high speed or orbital air sander?
Sandblasting?
Chemicals?

What are the pros and cons of each?

I very much appreciate your comments.  I have only been following this list for
a couple days, and I am already excited for the possibilities. I am in way over
my head, and I am going to need HELP!

BTW, we've heard from many of the long-time Triumph owners.  How about some of
you newbies?  Who's the baby in the family?  I've had my 1959 TR3A since
Mother's Day of 2001!  (Having it arrive on Mother's Day was not in my original
plans -- what a faux pas! -- but that's how it worked out!)  ;^)

Thanks,

Todd Richmond
1959 TR3A -- since May 13th, 2001