Texas listers NON lbc, trailer titles in Texas

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Texas listers NON lbc, trailer titles in Texas
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:08:59 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net Spelling Checker
Can any of you individuals that reside in Texas (my birth place I might
add) help me out?
I purchased a boat in Laredo TX, and am in the process of getting
everything ready to get the thing transferred over to me here in Calif.  In
Calif, everything has a title and is licensed just as if it were a motor
vehicle.  The boat, the trailer, etc.  I received that boat title, and
funny that I got a title to the motor, which we don't need here - go
figure.  Anyway I have a non-titled document for the trailer.  Is that the
equiv. of a title in Texas?  Also the trailer plates have an OCT sticker on
them and an 00 tag.  Does this mean that they have expired or do you only
have to tag them when first purchased.  I need to get everything ready so I
can pick this up at the end of DEC and I certainly don't want to get pulled
over for expired tag's and have to explain everything!!

bschwart@pacbell.net (San Diego)