Re: Non-LBC Parts

To: pandachadwell@mac.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Non-LBC Parts
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:35:22 EST
In a message dated 11/26/01 10:57:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
pandachadwell@mac.com writes:

<< Anyone out there have a SINGLE 'spare' Weber 32/36
 DGV carb that they'd sell me?  Failing that, anyone know of a source
 for such a used carb?

 I'll start calling around to the wreckers today, also.

 Thanks much! >>

The only factory USA car I know of to use the 32/36 DGV might have been the
1970's Ford Cortina 1.6 up rated engine.

The DGV is a popular aftermarket carb for small import cars and strangely
enough a carb Jeep off roaders use.  It is also the carb used by most Formula
Ford/ Formula Continental road racers.

Another choice ( and much more available ) but slightly smaller, is the
Holley/Webber 5200.  This looks similar to a DVG and was used on Pinto,
Mustang, Vega, Chevette, Omni and many other small cars.  The early
Pinto/Mustang unit is best because it has removable idle jets, while the
others have pressed in jets.

Harold