Compressor/Tools - THANKS

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Compressor/Tools - THANKS
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 15:13:30 -0500
Thanks to one and all who offered advice on tool selection, etc.
Ingersoll-Rand and Snap-On were mentioned as good higher-end alternatives
and some have one or more Craftsman products.

Many responses suggested that Central Pneumatic or Devilbiss' low-end stuff
(both Chinese) had, for the most part, worked well for the type of work we
do (and it IS true that I could buy 4-5 die grinders from Harbor Freight for
the price on one IR!).

BTW, I was surprised that no one mentioned Home Depot's "Husky" brand. I was
just there and noticed that prices are reasonable, they're made in USA or
Japan (one from Taiwan, but didn't see any from China) - and they all have a
lifetime warrantee. Any thoughts on Husky?

Again, thanks to one and all...

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O
There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'...Dave Barry